Monday, October 12, 2009

Only Three Weeks Left in the USA!

> Well, the day is here. I leave in exactly 3 weeks-not to return to the U.S. for another 22 (or 21.5) months. I cant believe its this close ha I can taste the delicious cinnabon at the airport now mmmmmmm.....
>
> I really need to work out with you guys what time I am going to call. Like I said, I will have 500 minutes to use whenever. I might call at LAX because we have a layover (I think) and so that would give me time to call. It would be on a Monday more towards the nighttime so if that helps as to when you should make sure everyone is inside. By the way, should I call a cell or the house because if I called a cell, you would be able to put me on speaker and everyone could hear me at once instead of having to talk to each person individually (not that I have a problem with that though!). I do have a few favors to ask though, and I am going to ask them early so I dont forget.
>
> 1)Can you ask grandma and grandpa to be at the house when I call so I can talk to them also? That would rock my socks if I could talk to them.
>
> 2)Can you get me Scott Bradford's address? There is a letter that I want to write him (along with 10,000,000 other people I have to write I am SO far behind...)
>
> So, anyways yea if you could decide those things (house phone vs. cell, what time to call, and if grandma and grandpa can be there) it would be great.
>
> I have a question for you mom. I am really curious about the whole me being able to send things for free back to you (cause I am gonna have a TON of toiletries left over I kinda over estimated on that one...). How does it work? Who do I have to talk to to get information on that cause I really dont want to drop a fat amount of money on sending a package of soap and deodorant back to roy (which is why I would love it if you showed a Christlike attribute a.k.a. Charity and paid for it:D).
>
> How was conference? I heard that it was only you (as in Mom) and Ben? Was everyone else spending time with their heads near the good ol' porcelin throne? That sucks, but good thing you guys are all over it!!
>
> Anyways, onto the daily grind. Here at the MTC, the days go slow and the weeks go fast. I cant believe that it has already been 6 weeks. Like I said, we speak nothing but Tagalog all the time, and so it is just enduring through these last 3 weeks that is gonna get tough. There are some good friends that I have made here in the MTC leaving today (that was horrible grammar but oh well, or in Tagalog-walang anuman) and they are so stoked. I cant wait to arrive on the day that I get to go to the actual field and start dominating people with the gospel full force. Its wierd cause, with the whole Tagalog thing, it has overtaken my vocabulary. I will be sitting there and daydreaming and it will be in Tagalog and whenever I write or type, there is this little voice in the back of my head that translates everything into Tagalog. Its actually really annoying ha but all is well. I can talk in Tagalog if you guys want when I call. I would rather keep it at a testimony, but I can teach you the first and second lesson if you really want:/
>
> Speaking of which, I am sure you guys are all curious as to how the whole teaching the first lesson in Tagalog went. Well, let me illuminate. Each week, we have a wika-task or language-task. It is usually completing objectives by conversing with people and getting their information. It is just a way to increase our skill in Tagalog. Well, Elder Hansen and I had our wika-task turn into a door approach. The best part is that he forgot everything and froze so I did all the talking haha. We did a door approach and we went in and started teaching the lesson. Ha poor guy, Elder Hansen had no clue what to say whatsoever. I would talk for like 15 minutes and he would try to put in a sentance and it would be like "Through sin, the earth restored god to joseph christ and made it possible for families to apostasize eternally" Ha it was NOT good. So I took over and taught the lesson and finished it out. He didnt do too bad overall, like I said, some of his sentences were a bit...different that what he wanted, but he did alright. It was really easy for me though. The language just seems to click for me and its not that difficult. We have learned all the necessary conjugations, structures, and essentials for Tagalog so now it is strictly memorizing vocab. Unfortunately there are some elders in our district who have NO clue what we are saying and they are behind the elders who just got here last wednesday. They are trying their hardest though, and I know that if they keep trying they will get it eventually! I will say this though-it is one of the most gratifying things when you and your companion try your hardest to teach a lesson in a foreign language and by the end the investigator has tears in his eyes. It is what im talkin about!! I cant WAIT to get out into the field.
>
> Ill have you know that I am still taking my vitamins mom. I would never skimp on such a thing. I take one every morning before I dominate the cafeteria with eating skill. I (this is random by the way) will have you know that I am suffering here without my memory card:/
>
> I love you all and hope that you all are doing your very best to not let the Lord down and keep his commandments. I am still trying to hold on (cause everyone says that the MTC is the biggest hurdle in the field and that once you get out you have a BLAST!) and rock the MTC so we will see!!
>
> Stay safe, and I look forward to calling you guys soon.
>
> Love always,
> Jake
> a.k.a Elder Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment