Monday, October 26, 2009

Only 7 days left!

> And that is how the cookie crumbles! I have purchased the calling card and I will either call you at SLC or LAX. I am debating calling from Taiwan because my minutes become 539x more expensive so it drops from 1000 minutes to like 4 but all is good. If you could, in your next dear elder, give me the phone numbers of both sets of grandparents, leah, sarah, and aunt laura I will be sure to call them all! I am going to call mom's cell phone so if you all could be ready it would be a sweet deal! I leave the MTC at 4:30 PM on Monday so I hope to have a decent amount of time at SLC to be able to call. If you can tell grandma and grandpa Muller to be expecting my call that would be great. I will probably end up calling them first because they are 2 hours ahead so I will call them and talk with them for a while and then let them go to bed. Brady will be able to tell you how to put it on speaker, but if not I will tell you way quick-simple as pie. I was close to calling Jules from the airport and seeing how he is doing because I havent talked to him in a while and I wanted to make sure he is doing alright, but I dont know how he would receive my phone call so I decided against it. I do hope he is doing well.
>
> Anyways, I have a few requests that I would like to drop down. I would really like a few things in the mail...
>
> 1)Superglue. My scriptures look like they have been through WW2. The casing is coming unglued so I need to glue it back on. It is just the border so nothing too big. Ok, maybe not WW2...maybe Grenada...
>
> 2)A jumprope. Ok, this sounds wierd, but its not for double dutch I promise! I want a jumprope so I can get a good workout in the morning when I get over to the Philippines and dont have the privilege of having a gym period 5 days a week. You can find a sweet (yea I just used sweet to describe a jump rope:/) jump rope at like sports authority or something. It has to last 2 years so we will see the true colors of such sports stores.
>
> Those are the only two things that I need in the mail. I am sending back a whole bunch of cards and things that I have received in the mail. If you could put them in my room so I have them when I get back it would be awesome. Mind you Braeden, that room is still mine and I will dominate you if you think otherwise...
>
> Amidst the confusion of letters that will be in the package, will be a whole bunch of toiletries. I bought enough toiletries to bathe the salvation army for 3 years so I am not gonna carry it all with me. I will send you a tie (from missionary mall) in which the string in the back randomly came out so I was like "what is this random string" and so I pulled it and my tie like blew up and fell to peices in my hands. My poor tie gave its life in the line of duty. It will receive a purple heart from the MTC I will make sure of it.
>
> Anyways, so a tie, toiletries, cards, and 2 pairs of pants. I need to get new clothes and belts in the Philippines anyways because they make stuff special to the heat and rain so it doesnt either shrink from a 34 waist to a 24, or fall apart. You can get way cool bone and wooden belts over there so that is the route that I am going to go. The two pairs of pants have enormous holes on the seams-how this happened I have no clue, but I can guarantee that mom is gonna make fun of me for the rest of my life when she sees where the holes are. Ha cliche? I think so...
>
> So, back to the airport situation. I am going to call, like I said, from SLC (hopefully) and so Braeden, Samuel, and Ben have elder Muller's permission (even though its not my house...) to stay up that night until I get to talk to them. Mind you, that is while I am still in the United States...speaking of which, who is excited for the definately not 2 month long flight over the scenic view of...water? I AM!!! Yea, that was sarcasm. Being stuck on a plane with the same people for hours and hours and hours...and hours...is not gonna be fun. I better get the window seat or someone is gonna get a pass along card to the face. Ok, maybe not, but still.
>
> So, if you could send those things in the mail, it would be way nice. I only have 50 dollars in cash right now so I need to go to the ATM (which charges 2 bucks. In the MTC? Honestly...) and take out 60 more so I can be close to 100 cash. That is what they suggest you have at all times on your person when you are traveling. I have decided that if I get mugged at gun point in the airport at taiwan, I am gonna go down swinging...
>
> "GIVE ME ALL YOUR MONEY NOW!!"
> "No, you give me a minute of your time so I can tell you about the salvation you are about to screw up"
>
> That is my fail-proof way of getting out of a robbery. I an anxious to try it out so we will see.
> > So, basic underlying theme of this email-I have only 7 days left in the MTC before I fly to my actual mission. Am I excited? YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT!!! Am I going to miss smelling 11 other elders who aren't the most hygenic out of the bunch? Yea, I think you can answer that one!
> I will explain more when I get to the airport. If you guys want to stay up so I can call you when I get to Los Angeles, tell me and I will be sure to call you and continue talking because I will have 1000 minutes paid for and 2 hours of nothing to do whatsoever but sit there and talk...
>
> Anyways, that is how it is going to go. I love you all and hope that you all are staying safe and out of trouble. I love you all and will talk to you in 7 days!!!
>
> Love always,
> Jake
> aka Elder Muller
>
> PS-yes mom I have been taking my vitamins...gosh...

No comments:

Post a Comment