Monday, October 19, 2009

Dang, Where is Time Going?

> So, first priority-things that I have forgotten to tell you guys thus far. First thing on the list-I have a new companion! I got him last sunday (as in not yesterday Sunday) because most of the companionships in our zone were having hardcore problems with contention. There was one companionship in particular that I can think of in my district that cause a LOT of contention between everyone in our district. They were both really good guys, they just didnt get along, shall we say, the best. My new companion Elder Brown-a crazy good guy from Ceder City. He was a fire fighter before he decided to go on a mission so he has cool stories about that and all. He is 23, and is such an inspiration to me. If I had been baptized when I was 23, I dont know if I would have had the courage to serve a mission. He is a cool kid, and our district leader at that. Elder Hansen got released last Sunday, and only the district leader can get the mail, so it is cool because I am the first one to get mail!!!
>
> Anyways, onto item number 2. I got to host last wednesday (I dont know if I told you that that is why I am repeating it) which basically means I get to foresee the new missionaries in when they arrive. I get to take them to get their 10 million books and through all the orientations and all that trash, but all in all it is a good experience. Its wierd because I still regard the incident of arriving at the MTC as yesterday, and yet it was almost 2 months ago holy cow. I get to host this week also, and I am guessing they are going to have us host every week until we finally leave (in 2 weeks WOOOOOOOT) but that is just a guess. Last wednesday there was this family that seemed close knit, and let me just say this-when a hispanic mom starts crying and sobbing in spanish and you are standing there between her son and herself and she starts running to her son to give him a hug you need to MOVE and QUICK. The elder seemed like he was ready though so all is well in the MTC.
>
> So, onto the main course-I get my flight plans this friday. Yea holy cow it is that close. I only have 14 days left in the good ol' MTC, and I think I am gonna miss it im not gonna lie (which is good because missionaries dont lie...). We get a general authority every tuesday, and the spirit here truly like a fire is burning. I got the privilege of hearing Elder Holland a few weeks ago and, during a visit with the MTC president that I scheduled, I was told that I "dont want to miss the one tomorrow..." so I dont know if he was pulling my leg or if this leaked info is legit but we will see. I feel cool, like I have infiltrated the system or something because I know something that no other elders know ah ga ga ga-that one was for you Benjamin:) Anyways, in 14 days my mission will be 1/12 of the way over. Ha, I wish I could stop time and take it upon myself to go to every single house in the Philippines-whether in my mission or out-and share the gospel. If they dont accept it, I will just stand outside of their door and sing with my companion until they cant stand it anymore because of how bad it is and decide to read the book of mormon just to get us off of their backs-but little will they know they are about to be dominated by the spirit ah ha! But, on a lighter note, the fact that I only have a couple days until I get my flight plans is quite exciting. Tomorrow I have the devotional, Wednesday I get to host, Thursday I have my T.A-kapag nagtututo ako ng lahat leksion sa Tagalog (where I teach the whole lesson in Tagalog), and then Friday is when I get my flight plans. This week is set!! Of course, next week I will have practically nothing to pass the time so it looks like someone is gonna get to know Isaiah rather well (understanding Isaiah is harder than all my 7 mile runs put together ill have you know...)!
>
> I will let you know next monday what my plans are like so I can tell you when I can call and when you should be ready. I think I am gonna buy the 10 dollar card because I was reading the fine print's fine print, and it turns out when the card says you get 500 minutes, you actually get like, I dont know, 7. So, better safe than sorry and hey, if I actually do get 1000 minutes, so be it. I can think of some people to call.
>
> How is the MTC going so far you ask? Well, rather well actually. I have come to find a new meaning reading the scriptures and I started the good ol' BOM over again. I have 10 pages of notes and I am only in Jacob, so I think that I am gonna start another journal just for the language and for my personal study of scriptures so that way I have everything in one convienient package.
>
> Now here is where we hold the phone...let me get this straight. MY family decided that they were gonna go down to Logan and visit a certain person. Cool. Not only do they get to go to one of my favorite places, they get to chill with one of my favorite people. Well thanks for taking me with you. Ok, maybe that isnt that possible, but still. Ill have you know that while you all had a blast, I dealt with elders who think it is funny to see who can play a hymn with their...backside. Yea-fun times here in the MTC...
>
> Anyways, how is all the family doing? How are Braeden, Samuel, and Ben doing in school? I wish I could pound the importance of diligence in educational studies into their heads, well more Samuel and Braeden but still. You tell them that they need to be workin' their tails off or I am gonna get permission from president Smith, take a scooter up to roy (cause there are more scooters than people in Provo) and personally dominate them. Also, if I remember correctly, Braeden went and did baptisms. I am so proud of him. There are so many people that have been waiting for him to go do their work so they can take the next step.
>
> Well, off I go to change out my laundry (2 pairs of my pants have holes in the seams ill have you know. THANK YOU MISSIONARY MALL. Now I have to take a 20 out of the ATM to break it because they dont take debit. COOL.) Life is good, the gospel is true, the Lord loves us all and blesses us in our daily lives, and skittles dominate-what more is there to ask?
>
> I love you all and hope that you are staying on the straight and narrow path.
>
> Love always,
> Jake
> aka Elder Muller
>
>
> PS-if you are having trouble with backtalking in the house, sit down and read James 3 as a family. EXCELLENT CHAPTER ON THE TONGUE!!!! Do it-you wont regret it, I promise:)

No comments:

Post a Comment