Monday, September 21, 2009

MTC email #2

> So first let me establish why I didnt email last week. So, we get 30 minutes to email to the second. So here I am, having a good ol time typing up a storm when this wee itty bitty window pops up saying that I have 5 minutes left to type. I blow it off-what does it know right? Well, at this point I should have remembered how it took me 5 minutes to log on in the first place, but I didnt. I kept typing and trping (my email was about novel length at this point) until my timer read 0:08 at which time I clicked send. The system decided to show its superiority at this point by freezing BUT continuing to keep the countdown going. Yea. I got jewed over in the MTC. Tight. I clicked send and my computer stood still until the timer ran out at which point another wee itty bitty message box came up to say that my time was up. Kicked off with no way to send you an email telling you what happened. I will try not to make this mistake again...
>
> There has been so much that has happened since the last email that I wrote (that got to you). I will first answer your question mom-my favorite scripture is gonna have to be...well I already told you that one. I went to the temple this morning and got a nice surprise. I think you should go to the temple soon so you can see what surprised me. I love the temple so much. It brings so much peace and tranquility. I only get to go once a week, but that one day is so worth it. The first week in the MTC sucked. The second was getting adjusted, and this week has been amazing. I have the study habits of a champ, I have the self-discipline of...well, someone who dominates, and my testimony has grown exponentially. I have had countless hours to go over the scriptures and I have learned so much. There is SO much in there that I never even know was in there. My teachers point out stuff that someone who read a verse for 3 hours couldnt. I get to go to the RC (referral center) every saturday for a good 2 hours. That is where we get to call up the people who ordered stuff from the church, or wait online for people who log on to talk with a missionary and answer questions that they may have. You can make outbound calls there too so sometimes I just look up investigators numbers and drop them a call to see how they are doing. The chats are cool because you always get people logging on to try to find their missionary ha. Sometimes you get bottoms who call in, but it is all good.
>
> My district dominates. Elder Hansen and I have already made plans to rock lake powell when we get back. He has a house boat and a plane and all this cool stuff haha so I have the hook up when I get back. There are like 8 elders who are going to Utah State when they get back, and one of them's (elder saxton-the one who I went to school with at Roy) brother has already looked at houses and stuff for when they get back because with 8 elders living in a house it would drop rent to like 175 a month. Things to consider. Elder Sanders went to USU before he came here so when we get out (he is probably gonna leave a transfer early too so he can get in fall semester) we are gonna tear USU UP!!!! I cant wait to go back there ha there is so much I want to do now, its like I have this wack new outlook on life (yea, wierd I know) This way I will be able to dominate with determination and rock the grades not play xbox all day like I did last year. Speaking of which, I hope brady hasnt been playing that too much...
>
> Anyways, life is good. I have 2 years of bomb missionary work, then 5 years of bomb schooling so my life pretty much dominates:)
>
> Tell the family I said hi and tell B-Rizz, Samuel, and Ben to keep doing that they are doing! I hope that you all are doing really well, and (this is random) try to attend the temple more. There are SO many blessings that come from temple attendance. I have gotten so many answers in the temple its not even funny (maybe thats why I have a new outlook, who knows:/)
>
> I love you all and wish you the best and I will click send with more than 8 seconds this time.
>
> Love,
> Jake
>
> a.k.a Elder Muller:)
>

No comments:

Post a Comment