Monday, September 28, 2009

Half Way in the MTC Email

> Things in the MTC are going actually really well. Not to be stereotypically cliche, but every single week, when I dont think that my testimony could grow any more it blows the roof on my previous expectations and keeps going on and on and on...
>
> Its funny actually. I was talking to one of my teachers and asking him how I should make my study more effective and he offered me one simple suggestion-read the Book of Mormon for someone else. Dont read it for your own gain, read it for the gain of the Philippino people that you are gonna be teaching. I have started the Book of Mormon over again and actually started studying it intensely and HOLY MUD there is SO much. Ha actually, it takes me like an hour to get through 2 chapters I am that indepth in it. There are so many principles and so many doctrines that most people miss because they arent studying, they are just reading verse after verse. Read it for someone else and you will figure out what I am talking about. Mom and Dad, I STRONGLY encourage you guys to get old and wrinkly so you can go on a senior mission. I look at the senior missionaries here and they are having a blast holy cow. By the way, mom, I think you have some sharing to do with some people if you know what I am talking about, and I think you do.
>
> I am almost at the halfway point into my MTC experience. I look back and its like holy cow, I just got here yesterday (or so it seems ah ha!) President Stott (a branch president) and I have become quite attached and he brought a problem up to my attention this week. There is an elder who is having a really rough time in one of his districts here, and he wants me to go talk to him. I dont know why, but everyone here seems to think that I am the guy to go talk to; I am the guy who talks with everyone. Elder Hansen actually gets frustrated with me sometimes haha because I always talk to the sisters and elders all over the place. Oh well, you gotta do what you gotta do!
>
> Small side note, I felt bad the other day cause I laughed at an elder. Whenever you talk to an elder you ask them where they are going and how much longer they have left. I was talking to this one elder in the lunch line the other day and I was like "Hey champ how's it goin?" and he was like "good how about you?" and I was like "good. Where are you off to here in a little bit?" and he was like "pocatello idaho..." I almost drenched his face because this enormous laugh-I have NO CLUE where it came from ill have you know) came unexpectantly and all this spit went everywhere. He didnt find it very funny because I was like "Dang killer, you are going straight into the heat of the jungle with that one-how exciting!" obviously JOKING...but he didnt take it very well.
>
> I hope, once again, all is well. Tell Leah that my best wishes and prayers are with her. I hope you all are doing well. I love you and miss you all!!!
>
> Love,
> Jake
>
> aka Elder Muller
>
> P.S-GO TO THE TEMPLE MORE ITS AN AMAZING BLESSING:):):):)

No comments:

Post a Comment