Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Happy Sabbath

Sorry that I missed you guys. Today our zone went to this place deep DEEP in the forest where there is a waterfall and so that took up most of our day. I do have a few funny stories for you though haha.
>
> The first one made me think of you mom. I have to confess, before I tell the story, that I was laughing histerically during a prayer. Not something for a missionary to do right? WELL, elder Banawan and myself were tracting a couple days ago when we came across a house that we felt we needed to go to because it was the only house for like 1000 meters. We went in to find HARDCORE born agains who agreed to listen to our message. We started teaching and it turns out the father was this pastor guy who was "licensed" to be a missionary. He showed us all his liscenses and church ids and all this stuff, and so elder Banawan and I realized that he wasnt gonna except our message. We told him that we were thankful for his time and that we were going to leave but before we left we were going to close with prayer. Elder Banawan asked the father to give the prayer and he gladly accepted. Mom, you know the stories we tell about the people who worship Christ by screaming hallelujah? Well, this guy started his prayer by deepening his voice and practically screaming "OH HALLELUJAH!" I felt bad because I was laughing SO hard. I was quiet about it but all I could think about was what you would think if you heard it. Haha it was an experience that I will never forget.
>
> The next is a tracting experience. I went on splits with a ward missionary who is a good friend and we went tracting. He was telling me about how mission experience when we came upon this party. We started talking to these two old ladies and they were giving us the look of DEATH. Brother Djeta was talking really fast to them, and while he was talking like 15 people lined up behind the two old ladies with this look of disgust on their face. I was like what in the world, why are these people about to kill me? Brother Djeta turned to me and goes "so...we tracted the party after a catholic baptism. All these people are hardcore catholic..." or something to that degree. We tracted a catholic baptism. COOL. I turned to him and said "well, I cant speak tagalog so it is up to you to get us out of this one bud!" in english so none of the people understood me. Ha it was kind of funny I am not gonna lie.
>
> Today, like I mentioned earlier, we went to these waterfalls. I am sorry I didnt catch you all. We left around 7:30 this morning. After buying food and stuff, we rode a jeep-nee (a kind of public transportation) to the point where we would have to walk. One of the ward missionaries who came with us left the meat (enough for like 12 people-we had a BIG group) on the jeep-nee haha so that kind of sucked. It was like a 30 minute walk to the house where we dropped off our stuff and headed out for the falls. From the house it was like another hour or so walking through rivers and 6 inch deep mud to get to the falls. We were gonna wade in a bit like up to our knees, but it had leeches in it so we didnt haha. The walk there sucked because I think I am getting an ingrown toenail (that is gonna be fun to get taken out if I do have one) and it hurts WAY bad. We will let time dictate what is going to happen with that one. Anyways, on the way back I got lost and separated from the group so I had to ask these little kids to lead me the whole way back to the house haha. Fun times here in the mission I can assure you:)
>
> As for the pictures, I am definately taking some. One morning I woke up at 5:30 and ended up watching the sunrise and got a GORGEOUS picture that I will try to email next time. I am trying to start getting some pictures with the families that I am teaching so hopefully that will be on the next card. By the way, I wasnt correct about the package thing. I get another chance to get stuff on december 22 or so so we will see.
>
> There are 2 sisters in our zone. We always hang out with them on pday and they are way cool. We went to the falls with them today so that was way fun. It is nice to get people your age who arent just guys. Well, more like 4 years older but its ok ha. There are 4 companionships assigned to lopez so our areas are pretty big. I will be out here for a good couple months. I need one more transfer with my trainer, one with a follow up trainer, and then after that I dont know what is going to happen-tis up to the Lord!!
>
> I really hate to end this email so abruptly with so many questions still to answer, but we got back SO late from that activity and I need to buy a christmas gift for our zone conference tomorrow (we get to leave at 4 am cause it is SO far on a bus. It is kind of like a christmas party) and I need to buy a whole bunch of stuff cause its pday. I am sorry to cut things short. I will try to catch you all next pday so we can chat.
>
> I have a quick favor to ask of you. Can you take my labtop to bestbuy and ask them how much it would be to get everything off my harddrive? I have tons of pictures, music, and all my assignments from freshman year at Utah State on that harddrive. It is a lot of stuff. Can you take it to them and have them look at it because it is pretty old and they wont be able to give you a quote over the phone because I dont know if the harddrive is still even good. Please ask them if they can look at it and give you a quote. Thank you:)
>
> I hope everyone is doing well. Stay warm an safe. I feel like a butt cutting this this short but I need to go and get ready for my appointments and such. Tell brother Ellsworth that I got his email. Please tell Steve I say hi and hope he is doing well. Ha I miss that guy:/
>
> Once again, I hope you are all doing well. Tell Braeden Gray that I say hi. He probably wont remember me but he did something for me at aarons camp that I will never ever forget. It is one of those experiences that changes the way you look at the church that you have when you are a kid one of the crazy spiritual things that everyone searches after. Tell him I say hi.
>
> I will try to email something worth reading next time haha. Sorry again.
>
> I hope everyone is doing well. I love you all and cant WAIT to talk to you all at Christmas!!
>
> Love,
> Jake
> aka Elder Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment